Saturday 31 March 2012

Sweet 16?

When a girl turns 16, you call it her "Sweet 16th". What do you call is when a boy turns 16? Whatever you call it, I just think "It can't be true! My little boy can't be 16 today!" But he is. It's times like these that moms (or maybe just me) turn a little nostalgic. I have been going through old photo albums tonight and I have learned 3 main things.
1. I need to redo my old scrapbooks-they are horrible!
2. I need to go through my mom's photos to find some pictures of me.
3. I have hardly any pictures of Dan when he was younger.

I did find a few gems on my stroll down memory lane that I thought I would share with you.

This is the only baby picture I have of Dan. At least I am assuming it is Dan. He is with his older sisters and brother, so I am pretty sure it is him. He isn't even a baby, but it's as good as I've got. Cute, isn't he?

Here is Tristan. He was 8 pounds 9 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. He has grown up so much!

This is Tristan's grade 10 picture. How did he get so cute?

You'll never guess who this is. It's me! Yep, cloth diapers and all. Just as a note-Tristan had cloth diapers too. I thought I was being all environmentally friendly, but it didn't last long!

This is me at 16 or pretty close. Check out the phone! Do you remember rotary phones? Then you're old like me. Did you have a party line? So did we! That is how you knew what was going on in your neighborhood! Not that I ever listened in on someone else's conversation, that's just wrong:)

I remember turning 16. There were so many firsts. First car, first kiss, first date (the last two might have happened a little earlier; but don't tell Tristan). First time breaking curfew, first time grounded (of course those things didn't happen to me...those were Dan's firsts).

I'm sure there will be many firsts for me now that Tristan is 16. I am sure that I will have many sleepless nights and worries as he drives and dates, but I am so blessed because so far, he is a good kid. So he is "Sweet 16" to me!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Tristan! I can't believe you have a 16 year old - good luck!!

    ReplyDelete