Monday 26 March 2012

Seasons of Life

Okay, I don't know how often I am going to get onto this blogging thing, but I will try to be regular.


This is my rambling today.


Last week we had a party at church and the theme was Seasons. We had speakers that spoke of the season they were in in their life. We had a newly married wife, a mother with young children at home and a retired "empty nester". None of them really fit into the season that I feel like I am in. I went home asking myself what season was I in? This is what I came up with...


I am in the TAXI season. That is what I do. I spend most of my waking day at work and the next biggest chuck of time in my car. Don't believe me? Lets take a look at March 20 (a typical day in the life of me).


6:00am alarm rings and up I get to wake Tristan up


6:40 am Take Tristan to seminary (back home 7:20)


7:30 am Leave home again with Brian and Ethan for school


3:30 pm school is done and we are on our way to Coaldale for a 4pm basketball game


5:30 home (supper at DQ)


6:10 gone again. Tristan needs to be in Lethbridge for Driver Training at 6:30 and I need to be in Coaldale for a church function at 6:30. (I was late)


9:30 Tristan needs to be picked up




See what I mean. On the road. Dan about had a heart attack when our 2008 van rolled 100,000km. Tristan took a picture on his phone and txted it to Dan to mark the occasion. Most days are like this, but that is the season I am in. The boys are busy doing good things. I am busy working and serving in my Church responsibilities. Dan is gone 3 weeks out of four. What's a girl to do? DRIVE


I know that one day I will beable to spend more time doing other things, but right now it is the season of TAXI DRIVER.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you keep up with it all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm just starting to see glimpses of the "Season of the Taxi Driver". Look forward to reading more of your life on your blog.

    ReplyDelete