Tuesday 27 March 2012

I LOVE my Job!

Today's Ramble
I don't know how many of you know what an elementary librarian does, but some days can be pretty monotonous. Read to kids, shelf books, check in, check out, catalogue...day in and day out. But every once in awhile there is a little bright spot amidst all the sameness. Now, don't get me wrong, life in the library is pretty good. In fact, I'm a little bit of a celebrity to the preschool afternoon class. They LOVE me! But I digress...
Today was assembly day! On most assembly days, I skip the assembly and catch up on one of the never ending tasks of library work. But today, I went. And am I ever glad I did! After the usual awards we had a special cultural guest-Ben the New Zealand Dancer-as he will be forever known. I have a new appreciation for Fiji and New Zealand dancers. He was, well, ripped. He had muscles from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. Actually, I don't really know if he had muscles on the top of his head or the tip of his toes (although I do know he was barefoot!) But he FOR SURE had muscles from his shoulders to his knees. How do I know this? Well traditional New Zealand dancers don't wear much except a wrap around their waist (because it is so hot there!). And of course, you have to wear the traditional dress when dancing the traditional dance! I am all for cultural sharing! If this keeps up, I might have to attend assemblies more often. I am sure more parents will attend if we were to invite him again!

Lucky me! We do have another cultural event planned-HOJA. They are a acapella musical group. There is nothing better than guys that sing in harmony. Unless of course they are New Zealand dancers that sing in harmony! Sweet dreams tonight.
P.S. Don`t worry, Dan. You may not be a New Zealand dancer or a singer-but...you could learn:)

1 comment:

  1. I once had a French Tahitian dancing boyfriend in University. Man, was he gorgeous! But alas, some wonderful young woman warned me that he was sleeping with her roomate!

    ReplyDelete