Wednesday 31 October 2012

A Needed Reminder

Have you ever had a day when one moment can change your whole outlook?  I had that kind of a day today.  I woke up feeling pretty good.  How can you not be happy dressing up for Halloween.  Got Tristan and Ethan off to seminary and Brian and I headed in a bit later.  I got to work and everything changed.  One conversation made me question who I am and what I am doing.  I don't know if I was on the "verge of sadness"  (that is what I call it when I can look into the deep abyss that I don't want to enter again), but I have had a hard time shaking my sadness all day.  It is like it is a blanket covering me.  I hate days like this.  Nothing gets accomplished.  I feel like I am walking around in a fog.  Once I am in this mood, it seems like I attract other conversations or experiences that cause me to question.  Am I a good mom?  Maybe I can't do this job.  Maybe my prayers weren't answered.  I am not good enough to work with the beautiful young women of my ward.  I am fat, I am ugly, I am stupid.  My house is a mess...a multitude of negative thoughts fill my head.
I am sure that my emotions have been affected by the weather and all of the sadness and devastation of the past few days.  But it has been a sad day none-the-less.
Lucky for me, I was on lds.org and found a mormon ad that reminded me that I AM a daughter of God!  I am of eternal worth.  I am blessed.  I am a MOM, a daughter, a sister, a friend...nothing else matters.  I don't care what people think of me.  I do care what God thinks of me...and I know that He loves me.  Tonight, that is enough.


Watch this link.  It reminded me of who I am.

Daughters of God


No comments:

Post a Comment